Underground mines are dark places with scarce oxygen supplies, high pressure, and temperatures. Conditions such as continuous blasting and exhaust from diesel machines, along with a limited air supply underground, are hazardous for miners. Oinride robotics solutions can be used to deliver supplies, survey a tunnel structure underground to minimize the need for human presence underground and to decrease the safety risks for miners while increasing productivity.
- Metropolia University, the largest University in Finland as a manufacturing partner for mass production of AutoJoe® robot
- Team has over 20 years of automation and robotic experience in the US & Finland
- Won AutoMod award 2022 sponsored by City of Helsinki and City of Espoo
- Won the Big-Flash project in collaboration with City of Vantaa and Metropolia University,
- Won a pilot test for ControlWire® software for Stara Fleet monitoring with City of Helsinki
- In discussions with several mining technology companies for testing the robot in a customer site